We have delved deep into the problem and have found that only Assamese Unicode fonts are not been displayed. We have searched for Hindi websites and have discovered that Hindi websites are displayed pretty well in safari browser. View the nalcoindia website snapshot.
It made us think that the Unicode font assigned to Assamese and Bangla characters i.e. “Vrinda” font may be facing the problem in display. We searched for few bangle websites and the result was same as the Assamese websites.
Knowing that the problem was somehow related to “Vrinda” font, we changed the default font config of safari browser to “Vrinda”. It can be done in “preferences” setting of the browser. The result remained unchanged.
While further researching into the problem we have observed that, not all Assamese and Bangla websites were failed to display in safari browser. Some of them loaded pretty clearly without any broken character. Our main website http://www.leisuretask.com loads pretty well and all the assamese contents appear visible. But contents in this blog “Unicode help” only show the English characters.
The probable reason is that while developing Leisuretask(আজৰি), we had assigned “Vrinda” as the default font family(knowing that it would need to display Assamese content). But our blog “Unicode Help” was prepared by just a wordpress CMS installation. No customization was done to it. Hence it cannot display Assamese content in safari browser.
The Bangla websites that loads properly might have done some customization in the background just like mine. Rests might haven’t done any such thing and hence the result.
Don't worry about safari browser. Use some other browser:
No need to worry much. This happens only with safari browser. Just after this discovery, I have tested my blog, “Unicode Help”, with seven other most popular browsers. They are, IE, Chrome, Mozilla, Opera, Maxthon, Sea monkey and Lunascape. All displays Assamese fonts properly.
You may like to display few of our related posts: