How to make rounded corners in photoshop ? Well it’s too easy. In my last post :
Photoshop basics tutorial: How to make rounded corners in photoshop I have described about how to make rounded corners in photoshop using rounded rectangle tool.
In this post, I shall show how to make rounded corners in photoshop using rectangular marquee tool.
But, before starting just keep in mind that you have to save the final image in “png” format. Otherwise you will loose the rounded corner and all your work will go in vain and have to do the same work again.
So, here we go, – rounded corner in photoshop using “rectangular marquee tool”.
Now let’s start by taking the image named “yellow flower”. This is a picture of a street which is covered with yellow flowers falling from the trees. The same picture we used in the last pot also.
- Open the picture in photoshop.
- View the image size in menu -> image -> image size. Here the size is width: 720 pixels, height: 409 pixels and resolution: 72 pixels/inch.
- Keep a note of the size and open a fresh blank document of the same size and the background contents as “transparent”. This is most important. If you open a fresh image with background content as “white” or “Background color” then you are not going to see any rounded corner.
- Select the “rectangular marquee tool”.
- Select the whole picture with the tool but keep small margin at all sides of the picture while selection.
- Click on the “refine edges” button at the top. A popup window as shown, should appear.
- Now set the below mentioned parameters :
Smooth = 100%
Feather = 0.0 px
Contrast = 100%
Shift edge = 0%
- Now open a new document with the same size but with background transparent. Shown are the parameters.
- Now press Ctrl+C in the original image and go to the newly opened image and press Ctrl+ V.
NOW, SAVE THE PICTURE IN “PNG” FORMAT.
The reason why it is important to save the picture in png format is explained in my last post. So, I won’t explain it here again.